Somehow this project is never ending for me. Just 4 years ago I made a third version of it and it helped a lot, even though it was ugly inside and not powerful at all, but I didn’t think of making a new one because it was enough. But just the other day I was disassembling an old server and inside it there was two powerful centrifugal fans (12V 1.85A, ~25W) and thought I make an upgrade with one of these…
And this time I also wanted to have a metal pipe, not PVC. The fan is 12V, so a larger battery is needed, I made it using a spot-welder after assembling all the parts I needed.
Now that I had everything, I needed a case for it. For the last version I simply used an electronics project box because I was lucky there was one of perfect size. This time I thought it’d be simpler and more neater to make one. The model for it can be found here.
Painted it brown and added a grill and a handle too.
The fan and battery is held in place with a double-sided tape.
The air pipe will be held in place using a 3D printed bracket which is glued with epoxy to the pipe and then held in place with screws.
Now all that is left is to assemble everything.
So after testing a couple of times I can say that it works very well. Even though it looks big but the air output is awesome.