Since the last time I wrote about this original script for license assignment in Office365 cloud there were some changes. Now there are two parts of the script, for different groups of people in the company. And had to add timezone and language assignment also. And some more debugging output too.
For the first part of the script it didn’t change much, just added a line to assign the same timezone and language for everyone and changed a filter template.
Then I added a second part of the script, this one has a bit more logic. This group needs to be assigned the same timezone but different language (for the interface). By different language I mean Lithuanian or English.
Just recently we migrated from our own mail server to Office365, because cloud is computing is the god damn future! 1tb of onedrive space and 50gb mailbox is more than enough to host your work-related porn collection :)
Azure is all set up to synchronize our AD users with Office365, however once a user is created newly into the AD, the mailbox gets created for that user, but it doesn’t set the license and location of the user, until the license is assigned, users can’t login to the mailbox. I hate repetitive work, so I came up with a powershell script (I love powershell!) that checks for users that doesn’t have license assigned and assigns them one, also adds the location.
The script at the end also disables the new “clutter” feature, which is complete garbage IMO. Most of the legitimate letters go into clutter and users complain to us that letters do not reach them. Microsoft declares that this new super-awesome feature helps people save up to 82 minutes checking their mail… I guess that’s correct when you don’t see any emails :D
The script can be found here.